Theme Of The Month: Dark Humor Positivity
Get Enough Sleep.
The best way to deal with stress is to take a satisfying nap. Ditch work and smuggle yourself in bed? That’s what I’m talking about. Besides, what can your boss do? He wouldn’t have hired you if he could do the job himself. When nothing goes right, go to sleep. The first thing I do early in the morning is to create a to do list. Just kidding. I go right back to sleep. Kids sleep in bed, men sleep in sofa. Legends sleep in class. You can call me a legendary kid. Getting enough sleep helps you be the best in whatever you do. That’s my secret. I love sleep, you forget all about your pain, problem and stress for a while. Best way to escape home chores? Sleep right through them. Working all day to earn money isn’t my definition of stress. Stress is trying to pull yourself out of bed by 7:50 for a class by 8:00.
Create A Schedule
The point isn’t to prioritize your schedule. It is to schedule your priorities. Outside of that, everything else is stress. I can’t stress myself to clean my room when you arrive unannounced. You were not on my schedule. The house was clean yesterday, sorry you missed it. Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth by stress. The only thing I regret in my schedule is the poorly timed farts. Everything else is in order. Sleep, check. Wake up exhausted, check. Pledge to go to bed early tonight, check. Sleep all day, check check. Finally wake up later and eat a whale’s meal, check check check. See, that’s how you should do it.
You should sit in meditation for twenty minutes a day. Unless you are too busy; then you should sit for one hour. I think they should include meditation and yoga at work places and school. One hour of silence and a quick nap. Jokes on you if you start snoring. But in case that happens, and you are suddenly faced with the reality of everyone watching you. Slowly raise your head and say ‘In Jesus name I pray.’ It works for me in every Religious class I doze off in. Just so you know, meditation has nothing to do with peace of mind. If you desire peace of mind, mind your business.
You’re not the only victim of stress when you over think. You’re also stressing the ‘could have’s’, it ‘should have’s’ and it ‘would have’s’. No work is stressful, it’s your inability to manage your body, mind and emotions that makes you stressed. Instead of thinking about the pair of sneakers you couldn’t get from the store, think about how to steal it. And don’t mention I had any thing to do it if you are caught. I believe someday everything would make sense. So for now, smile through the confusion and laugh through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.
Listen to music.
Good music has nothing to do with Juice World’s Albums. If you are hoping to avoid stress, you should avoid them. You may begin to question your mental health or travel down the lane of depression. If everyone was happy in their relationship, there wouldn’t be any good music. I don’t sing in shower, I perform instead. And you are clearly missing out if you don’t do so. If you’re having a bad day, you can ask your partner or a friend to sing a song for you. If you’re fortunate, they may have a good voice. But if otherwise, a bad voice won’t kill your stress. It would compel you to consider killing your friend out of frustration.
Limit your interaction with people.
Why isn’t a stress ball used to throw at people who stress us? I can only stay around people who bring the best out of me not stress out of me. Your relationship with people should be a safe heaven not a battlefield. The world is hard enough already. Some people around us are just designed to make life difficult for us. But you know what? May the forces of evil become confused on their way to your house. Best way to avoid stress with friends? Have few friends. Don’t stress about people who can’t change. Rather, change the people who stress you. Don’t wipe your tears away, rather, wipe those who made you cry away. That’s my secret.
Live Life because that’s what matters. Don’t take life too seriously because you won’t get out of it alive. You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough. When we learn not to stress over anything in life, life is much more enjoyable. My doctor once asked if I’ve had a stress test. Yes I replied, it’s called life. Life is definitely going to throw you around so don’t stress yourself about anything, do your best and forget the rest. You don’t have to quit though. I haven’t given up on my dreams. No matter how much they stress me out. When you are stressed, don’t give up on your dreams.
Go back to sleep.
- Why I Applied To Minerva University( The School With The Lowest Acceptance Rate In The World). Do I Think I Would Get In?What Makes Minerva Different From Other Universities? I believe Minerva is the best university in the world. To begin with, Minerva adopts a global experience. Is Minerva Accredited? Yes. Minerva is accredited by the Western Senior College And University Commission Association Of Schools And Colleges (WASC). How Did I Discover Minerva University? The first time I heard about Minerva was in 11th grade. I had just been accepted to EducationUSA Abuja. A Minervian was a member of the group and she was sharing her story, of how she was accepted to Minerva despite her low SAT score and Waec result. What Inspired Me To Apply To Minerva? Then she said, “You should apply to Minerva, I think it’s a school for people like you..” For people like me? I laughed. And I asked her “Me? Minerva? With My Carton Brain?” Minerva is everything I have ever wanted. A chance to liberate me, a place to grow and develop my talents. One thing was clear to me after reading through their website for over 2 hours that night. MINERVA IS INTERESTED IN MY STORY. And that’s why I applied to this institution. I submitted my application yesterday. Yes! Congratulations to me. I finished my application early this month but I had to wait for my counselor to upload my documents. Overall, I think Minerva’s application process is interesting and unique. It provides an opportunity for you to define yourself and what matters to you. It helps you to critically think about different issues that are absent in most admission processes. The application process allows you to open up yourself to the admissions committee and I believe this is Minerva’s greatest strength. Do I Think I Would Get In? I don’t know! As I have mentioned a thousand times, Minerva is unique from other schools. The only person you have to compete with for a spot at Minerva is yourself. Once you have exceeded their bar, you will get in with financial aid. What Is My Advise To Those Applying To Minerva? Before you apply to Minerva, ask yourself these questions: Why do I want to attend Minerva? Am I ready to be rigorously challenged? Am I an extrovert(I will make another post regarding this)? Do I love to travel? Good luck to everyone applying to Minerva and other colleges. I know this period can be so stressful and exhausting, but be patient and work hard. God will do it for you!
- How To Seek And Build Knowledge From Good Sources1. Be Curious: Having a curious mind or being curious is the first step in gaining knowledge. A curious mind is filled with insightful questions and actively seeks answers. Take a look at your personality or reflect and see if you are naturally curious about the things around you, your community or anything you happen to come across. The questions you ask determine the kind of answers you receive and they lead you to the path of learning. When a curious mind hits a wall, they seek knowledge and when they find that knowledge, they melt down that wall. Therefore, curiosity is the road to lifelong learning. Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find.
- It’s My Birthday Today!It’s my birthday today! 365 days have passed since the last time I celebrated my last birthday. It still feels like yesterday and I cannot describe how fast time flies. Within the last 365 days, I have cried, laughed, danced, rejoiced, mourned, and learned crucial life lessons. But most importantly, I have become a better person and I have taken a step towards my life goals. This is an appreciation post for the life I have lived for the past 1 year.
- How To Make Fewer ComparisonsWhat Steps Did I Take To Make Fewer Comparisons? I Recognized That Everyone Is Flawed And Imperfect: I believe that the major cause of my inferiority complex was my inability to recognize that everyone is flawed and perfection is impossible. I wanted to change a lot of things about my life because I felt that these features and characteristics made me weird. But in reality, they made me unique. Everyone is flawed. I Helped Others. There is nothing better and more satisfying than reaching out and helping people. I believe that what matters at the end of everything is not what you have or your accomplishments, it’s about who you have helped and what you have given back to this world.
- The Nothingness Of NothingThe nothingness of nothing We come into this world with nothing Our purpose, to make something out of nothing The end, we leave with nothing.