The first step in dealing with failure is to accept that failure is natural. We all have bad days and weeks. Days that nothing seems to go right and our brain has nothing left in it. Failure hurts, at least for the first time. Failure is absolutely normal and acceptable. Its ok to fail sometimes. Most days, I feel like my life is a test I didn’t study for. And it’s like I’m being huddled into getting an F with a deserving ass whooping. In a day when you don’t come across problems, then you are definitely travelling on the wrong path or probably lost. Be strong, failure is not the end.
Don’t Make It Personal.
Do you know what’s worse than failing to eat before an exam? Failing at parenting. Its that painful. You get to watch your failure fail miserably at trying to raise a better kid. I once had a neighbor who was a drunk and would beat up his kids and wife everytime. Children have never been very good at listening to their elders but they never fail to imitate them. So little johnny grew up with the mentality that he could turn anyone and anything into a punching bag. And so did his brother Tommy. Now it’s an entire lineage of angry birds. Or better still, clash of clans. When you have failed as a parent, you have failed not just yourself but an entire generation. Controlling parents will always assume their kids are the properties they can possess. All they do is nag about their kids grades and how many hours they spend on their phones. Hold the hell up sister Agnes, her English period wasn’t the only period she missed. You gerrit?
Your life should constantly be under construction. They is always something to improve. Its never too late to be what you might have being. Except of course, you wanted to be a serial killer. When ever you feel like giving up, remember better days are coming. They are called Saturday’s and Sunday’s. You know, I made it through today without beating anyone with a chair. I would say my people skills are improving. Then you can definitely improve anything about your life. If you want to be diamond, you have to get ready to be cut like a diamond. When it rains, it pours, but soon, the sun shines again. Why wait for the sun? You should grab an umbrella or better still, your blanket. It’s either the easy way or the hard way. What matters is that you don’t fail at both. Life is a shipwreck but you must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. If you don’t know where you are going, ask for directions or visit a hotel. I heard they have amazing sharwama’s.
Visit A Therapist.
God gives us relatives. Thank God we can choose our therapists. And if you think a therapists would ruin all your weirdness, you can talk to me. Everything is definitely going to be fine someday. But for now,
Here is a drawing of a cat.
- Why I Applied To Minerva University( The School With The Lowest Acceptance Rate In The World). Do I Think I Would Get In?What Makes Minerva Different From Other Universities? I believe Minerva is the best university in the world. To begin with, Minerva adopts a global experience. Is Minerva Accredited? Yes. Minerva is accredited by the Western Senior College And University Commission Association Of Schools And Colleges (WASC). How Did I Discover Minerva University? The first time I heard about Minerva was in 11th grade. I had just been accepted to EducationUSA Abuja. A Minervian was a member of the group and she was sharing her story, of how she was accepted to Minerva despite her low SAT score and Waec result. What Inspired Me To Apply To Minerva? Then she said, “You should apply to Minerva, I think it’s a school for people like you..” For people like me? I laughed. And I asked her “Me? Minerva? With My Carton Brain?” Minerva is everything I have ever wanted. A chance to liberate me, a place to grow and develop my talents. One thing was clear to me after reading through their website for over 2 hours that night. MINERVA IS INTERESTED IN MY STORY. And that’s why I applied to this institution. I submitted my application yesterday. Yes! Congratulations to me. I finished my application early this month but I had to wait for my counselor to upload my documents. Overall, I think Minerva’s application process is interesting and unique. It provides an opportunity for you to define yourself and what matters to you. It helps you to critically think about different issues that are absent in most admission processes. The application process allows you to open up yourself to the admissions committee and I believe this is Minerva’s greatest strength. Do I Think I Would Get In? I don’t know! As I have mentioned a thousand times, Minerva is unique from other schools. The only person you have to compete with for a spot at Minerva is yourself. Once you have exceeded their bar, you will get in with financial aid. What Is My Advise To Those Applying To Minerva? Before you apply to Minerva, ask yourself these questions: Why do I want to attend Minerva? Am I ready to be rigorously challenged? Am I an extrovert(I will make another post regarding this)? Do I love to travel? Good luck to everyone applying to Minerva and other colleges. I know this period can be so stressful and exhausting, but be patient and work hard. God will do it for you!
- How To Seek And Build Knowledge From Good Sources1. Be Curious: Having a curious mind or being curious is the first step in gaining knowledge. A curious mind is filled with insightful questions and actively seeks answers. Take a look at your personality or reflect and see if you are naturally curious about the things around you, your community or anything you happen to come across. The questions you ask determine the kind of answers you receive and they lead you to the path of learning. When a curious mind hits a wall, they seek knowledge and when they find that knowledge, they melt down that wall. Therefore, curiosity is the road to lifelong learning. Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find.
- It’s My Birthday Today!It’s my birthday today! 365 days have passed since the last time I celebrated my last birthday. It still feels like yesterday and I cannot describe how fast time flies. Within the last 365 days, I have cried, laughed, danced, rejoiced, mourned, and learned crucial life lessons. But most importantly, I have become a better person and I have taken a step towards my life goals. This is an appreciation post for the life I have lived for the past 1 year.
- How To Make Fewer ComparisonsWhat Steps Did I Take To Make Fewer Comparisons? I Recognized That Everyone Is Flawed And Imperfect: I believe that the major cause of my inferiority complex was my inability to recognize that everyone is flawed and perfection is impossible. I wanted to change a lot of things about my life because I felt that these features and characteristics made me weird. But in reality, they made me unique. Everyone is flawed. I Helped Others. There is nothing better and more satisfying than reaching out and helping people. I believe that what matters at the end of everything is not what you have or your accomplishments, it’s about who you have helped and what you have given back to this world.
- The Nothingness Of NothingThe nothingness of nothing We come into this world with nothing Our purpose, to make something out of nothing The end, we leave with nothing.